2 3 3 4 4
Karnataka Bank Clerical Exam.
Directions (Q. 6-10): Read each sentence to find out whether there is any error in it. The error, if any will be one part of the sentence. The number of that part of the sentence is the answer. If there is no error the answer is (5). (Ignore the error of punctuation, if any.)
1. At present, nearly (1) / all foundries of (2)/ the country use coke(3) / as a natural fuel.(4) / No error (5)
2. The Bill ensures that (1) / the chairperson or members (2) / cannot be removed out of office (3) / except by an order of the President (4) / No error (5)
3. The directives in the holy books thus lay (1) / emphasis on the need to (2) / avoid get caught(3) / on the stranglehold of worldly attractions (4) / No error (5)
4. An effective criminal law (!) / is required for (2) / effective implementation of (3) / rules of law (4) / No error (5)
5. Local residents told the Chief Minister (1) / that the building (2) / was unauthorised construction (3) / No error
6. Senior citizens prefer (A) / banks which (B) / branches are located (C) / near their homes. (D) No error (E)
7. In the latest statistics (A) / China supplies more than (B) / ninety per cent of the (C) / steel imported by India. (D) No error (E)
8. We shall be calling a meeting (A) / next week to assess (B) / the causes of frequently (C) / delays in infrastructure projects. (D) No error (E)
9. Although it has received (A) / clearance from RBI the bank (B) / has decided not to open (C) / their office in Hongkong. (D) No error (E)
10. Most of the tribals (A) / in the region (B) / are depended on the forest (C) / to earn their livelihoods. (D) No error (E)
11. After graduating from college (A) / having an engineering degree (B) / he received a job offer (C) / from a reputed American firm. (D) No error (E)
12. In order for (A) / the scheme to be (B) / successful we require as (C) / much as twenty investors. (D) No error (E)
13. The insurance company has plans (A) / to hire 30,000 agents (B) / at a time when (C) / most companies are cutting jobs. (D) No error (E)
14. One of the important lesson (A) / he taught me was to save (B) / at least thirty per cent (C) / of my gross income. (D) No error (E)
15. Due to the financial crisis (A) / the price of foodgrains (B) / has risen sharply (C) / over the past few months. (D) No error (E)
Answers : 6. (B) 7. (A) 8. (C) 9. (D) 10. (C) 11. (B) 12. (D) 13. (D) 14. (A) 15. (A)
16. The revised governments (A) /guidelines have reduced (B)/ the number of mergers (C) / taking place among banks. (D) No error (E)
17. I do not know (A) / who of the (B) /new trainees should (C) / be confirmed. (D) No error (E)
18. To promote India as (A) / a tourist destination (B)/ the government has organized (C) / many cultural programmes. (D) No error (E)
19. Banks in India (A) / cannot open ATMs (B)/ except obtaining (C) / approval from RBI. (D) No error (E)
20. Today the success of (A) / companies depends on the (B)/ quality of their products and(C) /efficient managing staff. (D) No error (E)
21. Ashok has managed to (A) / achieve his sales targets (B)/ for the quarter very easily (C) / than we expected. (D) No error (E)
22. He did not grant (A) / their request for a loan (B)/ although it would (C) / displease his boss. (D) No error (E)
23. At present oil companies (A) / are making a loss of (B)/ rupees five on all (C) / litre of petrol that they sell. (D) No error (E)
24. The manager’s belief that (A) / Ramesh is (B)/ incompetent is not (C) / necessary true. (D) No error (E)
25. Since I was doing (A) / my MBA I initially (B)/ chose to specialize (C) / in marketing management. (D) No error (E)
16. (A) Write “the government’s revised”.
17. (B) Write “which of the”.
18. (C) Write “the government is organizing”.
19. (C) Write “without obtaining”.
20. (D) Write “efficient managerial staff”.
21. (C) Change “very easily”to “more easily”.
22. (C) Write “even though it would”.
23. (C) Write “each” in place of “all”.
24. (D) Write “necessarily true”.
25. (B) Delete “my”.
26. He has travelled (A) / all over the world (B) / yet he speaks (C) / several languages fluently. (D) No error (E)
Ans : (C)
27. A successful company is (A) / any that makes a good (B) / profit and provides (C) / high returns to its shareholders. (D) No error (E)
Ans : (B)
28. The agreement on (A) / which all of us have (B) / worked so hard will (C) / be sign tomorrow. (D) No error (E)
Ans : (D)
29. It is necessarily to maintain (A) / a record of all transactions (B) / in case the auditors (C) / want to see it. (D) No error (E)
Ans : (A)
30. Very few young trainees (A) / willingly undertake (B) / a posting to a branch (C) / located in a rural area. (D) No error (E)
Ans : (E)